Sunday, October 5, 2008

Song: My Dad

MY DAD
------
(song and lyrics by Joseph Bishara)

Many times, when Dad didn't see things my way,
He'd try to calm me down when I threatened to run away.

You can’t go. You’ve got to stay.
You’ll get in trouble If you go away
Like it or not, I’m leaving here.
I’m getting out. I’ll disappear.
I wished I’d never had
hurt My Dad

When I was down
He gave me all the money that he had
When I was cold
He gave me the coat right off his back
When I was hungry
He gave me the food right off his table
He held me up. He pushed me on
He gave me strength when I wasn’t able
To stand on my own.
My Dad.

My Dad’s health isn’t as good as it used to be.
And I swallow hard when I think of him leaving me.

You can’t go You’ve got to stay
I’ll feel so lost If you go away.
Like it or not You’re leaving here
You’re getting out You’ll disappear

Thank you for all you’ve given me,
And for the man I’ve come to be.
I wish I’d been a better son,
In all the world you’re the only one,
Who’d go through hell just to see me glad.
My Dad.

(copyright 2008 Joseph Bishara, all rights reserved.)

No comments: