Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cain's Cry

Following are lyrics to a song I am writing.

Cain's Cry
by Joseph Bishara

There's a hole in my heart and blood on my hands
A brother is gone. I can't understand
why I did what I've done, destroying all I had planned

There's a hole in my soul and a mark on my head
Seven times cursed, if you strike me dead.
I've destroyed who I love, and buried my only friend.

Able no more to cradle his head
Two peas in a pod and I brought his end
I've got hell to pay down, and the bill comes due when I'm dead

CHORUS
I'm a lost generation, in a well of souls.
And I'm lost to the nations, for whom no bell tolls.
I've got fire inside me, like a falling leaf,
and a cry to remind me. Help me find some peace.

This one's a mess, I just can't undo.
I lied then confessed, in a sentence or two
And his blood still cries out, from the grave that I sent him to

A family that weeps, for both us two.
My shame and my blame, for putting them through.
I've got hell to pay down, and heaven says it's come due

CHORUS

No comments: