Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Poetry Considering ...

The following are lyrics to a song I wrote -- a consideration of similarity in all of creation or reality.

ARE WE ONE?
by Joseph Bishara

Twists and swirls, symphonic curls,
spinning round in endless worlds, dancing geography.
Pulsing flows only shows within my body it echoes
the same choreography.
Are we one? Are we one?

Lightning stripes a clouded sky. Flashing thoughts cloud my mind.
Am I a microcosm? Who am I?
Who are we? one? Are we one?

Some use hereafter to justify disaster
others say we're just here, just now.
But violence in blasphemy, And this-is-it mentality
diminshes the history yet to be ... yet to be.

Nation domination, or rational damnation
make no sense to me at all.
The heart must decide what the mind does hide
Breech the fence, open wide, make it fall.

Did you make you? Did I make me?
Or are we allowed to make in us what we were made to be?
are we one? are we one?

Do I personify an ages-old soothing lie?
Believing in something that isn't there?
Possibly.
Or am I blind to see, Love made you and me,
a cosmic family tree? And something IS there after all?
Probably.

We are one. We are one.

Are we made the same?
how many snakes remain
in pharaoh's court?
many or one? many then one.

Let every rod be cast, the truth will be the last,
that snake upon a mast will heal me.
victory.
make me one. make us one.

No comments: